The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Prepare time: 25 min Cook: 20 min Ready in: 50 min
Spanakopita tarts are one of the classic Greek cuisines that taste creamy and it is very simple to cook. A creamy and cheesy tart full of herbs like spinach and onions is perfect for the snacks in your weekend. Not only tasty buy it also considers as a healthy meal for everyone.
How to make Spanakopita Tarts
To make a tart of spanakopita, you need to make the pastry first and then the fillings mixture. See the whole recipes below.
To make the pastry:
- 250 g plain flour
- 140 g cold, unsalted butter
- 140 g cold, unsalted butter cubed
- 60 g cold water
- One egg separated
To make the fillings:
- Two large eggs
- ½ cup of melted butter
- 128 g grated Ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 50-250 g of chopped spinach
- A chopped onion and three green chopped onions
- 15 g of canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the flour, salt, butter cheese and egg yolk. Stir it until well combined then put it in the refrigerator for about an hour. After that, move the pastry to a medium round tart tin. Press and prick the corners with a fork and freeze it for 15 minutes.
- While waiting for the pastry, heat the oven up to 190 celsius-degree. Then, put the pastry on a tin foil and bake it for 20 minutes. Next, remove the parchment while spreading the egg white on top of the pastry. Put it back in the oven and bake again for 10 minutes.
- To make the fillings, spread the butter on the surface of the mini muffin pans, heat them at 180 celsius-degree then set aside for a while. Get a skillet or fry pan and place the canola oil in it and cook the small and green onions over medium heat or until the onions are soft.
- While cooking the onions, add other ingredients like the cheese (feta and ricotta), spinach, and egg. Cook all of these all together with the salt and pepper as the seasoning. If you like nutmeg, you also can add a pinch of it to the pan. Stir it well until it is done.
- Place the mixture of the filling into the pastry case and spread it evenly. Add some crumbled feta and grated Parmesan and bake it in the oven for 35 until 45 minutes. After the tart is cooked, give it a cool rest for around 30 minutes before the serving.
If you have no idea what to eat at holidays, then just follow these easy recipes of healthy appetizer, and you can cook as well as enjoy a tart of spanakopita every day.