The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Prepare time: 10 min Cook: 30 min Ready in: 45 min
Smothered baked chicken burrito offers the delicious and great flavor on one plate. It’s proper to serve to your kids and family lined up to enjoy the dish. It will take your time to prepare, but you have lots of fun when making it, especially if your kid’s respect to help out. This recipe combining some nutritions like complex carbohydrates from the tortilla, and protein from the chicken.
How to make Smothered Bake Chicken Burritos?
Mexican cuisines are delicious. One of them is smothered bake chicken burritos. This dish made combines Mexican spices, green chilies, chicken, tortilla, cheese then baked until golden crispy. Uh, yummy! This is Mexican Restaurant quality food. You can serve this dish when dinner with your kids, family or friends. Believe it, all of them will love your food.
For the filling
- 1 ½ cup of salsa
- 1 ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoon of oregano leaves, dried and crushed
- 1 1/5 cups of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6-8 uncooked of tortillas flour
- 3 cups of cooked chicken, chopped
- Olive oil or nonstick cooking spray
For the creamy sauce
- Three tablespoons of flour
- Three tablespoons of butter
- 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth, warmed
- 1/3 cup of cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of sour cream
- ¼ oz green chilies, chopped or mild
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of oregano leaves, chopped and crushed
- ½ teaspoon of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, sufficiently
- Prepare the oven and preheat for 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Put the foil on baking sheet. Then, mix the chicken, cumin, oregano, onions, salsa and cheese in a bowl. Then put them in the middle of each tortilla for about 2-3 tablespoons. Then, roll up like a burrito. Press each side.
- Place on a baking sheet, use the nonstick cooking spray or olive oil to brush them lightly. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes until the color change golden-brownish and crispy. Meanwhile, wait the burrito ready, make the sauce.
- Prepare the saucepan, put in over medium heat. Then, add the butter until melted. Add the flour. Cook them and stir well for about 3 minutes, stir well. Add the minced of garlic while stirring for about 30 seconds. Pour the chicken broth immediately. Add the oregano leaves, cumin, salt and pepper to your taste.
- Stir well for about 2-3 minutes until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir the green chilies, sour cream, and cheese. Remove the burritos from the oven. Turn the oven to high broil, pour the sauce over each burrito, add the shredded cheddar cheese and broil for about 2-3 minutes. Remove and serve.
Yummy, your smothered baked chicken burritos ready to serve. This dish is made up for six servings only. Let’s enjoy the burritos!