The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Prepare time: 10 min Cook: 35 min Ready in: 50 min
Spicy Korean Shrimp Pancake is a meal that you can make as the breakfast menu. Also, you can enjoy this as a snack while watching television or something.
How to Make Savory Korean Shrimp Pancake
To make Savory Korean Shrimp Pancake is very easy and it doesn’t require a long time to do. Let’s see just the material and the steps of cooking this meal.
- ¾ cup of versatile flour
- ¼ cup rice flour
- two tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon of red onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
- White pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- Raw shrimp that have been peeled
- Onions to taste
- 2 carrots
- Red chili to taste
Make a sauce:
- Soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons rice vinegar
- ½ – 1 teaspoon of water
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- Sesame seeds to taste
- Sesame oil
- Chilli flakes
- The first step, prepare a bowl to mix flour, rice flour, cornstarch, onion powder, garlic, salt and sugar to taste. Then add cold water to the dry mixture, next add the eggs and mix until the dough is completely smooth. If the dough is thin, add a spoon of flour. Meanwhile, if the dough is too thick, add a bit of water.
- The second step, add a little salt and versatile powder. Then also add carrots and green onions into the dough and mix well. If you tend to save more money or you don’t like a lot of vegetables in the filling, then it will be okay if you only add fewer vegetables. Pick a few that suits your taste.
- Step three put half the dough into it. Keep in mind that in cooking the dough, you need to do it more quickly so that the dough doesn’t turn too thick and it becomes difficult to process. Next, take the pancakes with ½ shrimp and ½ part of red chili. Mix them until they are well combined with the dough.
- Step four, fry for about 3 to minutes. After that, you will see that the shrimp turn slightly red, and the pancake looks almost set. Here, you need to heat the pancakes carefully. Spread it with a little oil, and rinse the pancake in paci to remove the remaining oil of the pancake.
- The fifth step, do not forget to use the spatula. Put the pancake on the bottom of the hot pot slowly yet vigorously pressed. Then cook for 4 or 5 minutes. If the pancake is already brownish, then you need to lower the heat and cook until done. Then store in the oven at 200 F.
The explanation above is the complete recipe of Savory Korean Shrimp Pancake. Hopefully, this will be a useful reference for you who want to try this cuisine and happy cooking for those who want to try a brand new menu.