The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Prepare time: 10 minCook: 50 minReady in: 65 min
Salisbury steak is basically the combination of blended steak that is served with gravy. In this dish, the gravy or the brown sauce is made from caramelized onions. For those who are wondering about the taste, you can cook this dish at you home with the following recipesbelow.
How to make Salisbury Steak & Caramelized Onion Gravy
The tender steak and sweet sauce of caramelized onions will perfectly melt in your mouth. Do not worry about the ingredients and steps, they are all easy and quick to make. Just read and follow the steps till the end.
- 450 gr of beef
- 1 egg
- 15 gr of tomato paste
- 15 gr of yellow mustard or a pinch of dried mustard
- 30 gr of fermented sauce, like Worcestershire sauce
- A pinch of garlic powder
- 55 gr of breadcrumbs
- Butter or olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 30 gr butter
- 2 cups of diced onions
- A half cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup of flour
- A pinch of dried thyme
- 350 ml of beef broth
- 15 ml of soy sauce
- A half cup of chopped parsley as the garnish
- Prepare a large bowl and put all of the ingredients, like the beef, egg, the sauce, mustard and tomato paste, the breadcrumbs, garlic powder and do not forget to ad salt and pepper as the seasoning. Stir and mix these ingredients until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into an oval shape like patty and make it into four patties. Prepare and heat the skillet over medium heat with a bit of butter or olive oil on it. Then, cook the patties until 4 or 5 minutes for each side or until the color turns brown. After it is cooked, get the patties out and set aside.
- Now, you can make the gravy by re-heat the skillet over medium-low with chopped onions. Cook and stir them continuously until they get caramelized. If you want your gravy to be a bit thicker, then you can add a little flour into it, for about 2 until 3 tablespoons and cook it in few minutes until it smells roasted.
- Give a pinch of dried thyme and cook again for another 30 seconds until you can smell the fragrance of the thyme. Raise the heat into medium heat and stir the mixture with beef broth and soy sauce. Put the patties on the skillet and cook them for around 15 minutes or until they are well cooked and serve them immediately.
It is better and very recommended to serve this dish while it is still hot and you will be excited to eat more.