The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Prepare time: 5 min Cook: 15 min Ready in: 20 min
Do you think vegetable is plain, have no taste with unattractive appearance? If you think like that, you must have gone wrong about that. In fact, vegetables plain because their original flavor is plain. But we can add some of the spices to make that tasty. Like a roasted bok choy, one of Chinese dish which the main ingredients are bok choy (Chinese cabbage), you can feel the roast and delicious taste in this dish.
How to Make Roasted Bok Choy?
About the ingredients and steps on making roasted bok choy, it’s quite easy. But you may pay attention to few things related to the ingredients of roasted bok choy such as mirin (low alcohol rice wine essential). You can see the information about mirin below. Here are the ingredients and steps to making roasted bok choy.
For Bok Choy
- 4 heads bok choy
- Four teaspoons of canola oil
- One teaspoon of lemon juice
- Two clove garlic
- ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt
- One lemon
- One teaspoon mirin
- One teaspoon fresh tarragon
- Two tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- One tablespoon of rice vinegar
- One tablespoon of sugar
- One tablespoon of oyster sauce
- One tablespoon of soy sauce
- First of all, put bok choy, trimmed them, and separate the leaves. Then you have to grate the lemon to take the zest. Grate that until it equal to a ½ teaspoon. Then, you should mince or chopped garlic roughly. Set aside the garlic and lemon zest.
- Mix salt, garlic, and canola oil in one roasting pan. Put the bok choy and ensure that the bok choy had covered with the combination of salt, garlic, and canola oil. Toss the bok choy, press them, to absorb the liquid quickly for better taste,
- Set the timer for 6 minutes for the crisp and tender bok choy. When waiting for roasted bok choy, you can mix the sauce for bok choy by put them all in a bowl and whisk them until it unites as one taste. If you feel there’s no taste on that, try to put a pinch of salt or pepper to taste.
- whisk the lemon zest, lemon juice, mirin, tarragon and add some pepper to the ingredients in a bowl. It will be used right after the bok choy came out from oven, with drizzling way of spread for bok choy. And when the alert is beeping, step out the roasted bok choy.
For the mirin, the taste is a little bit different from another wine. To ensure that you put the right amount of mirin to not become prominent in the dish. You can also use baby bok choy to be roasted. Hope it finds useful for your cooking life.