The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Prepare time: 5 min Cook: 65 min Ready in: 70 min
This Pepper-Crusted Cowboy Rib Eye is perfectly served with the homemade Shiitake Mushroom Butter. Make some at home by following the recipe below.
How to make Pepper-Crusted Cowboy Rib Eye with Shiitake Mushroom Butter
Prepare two until three portions of this delicious Pepper-Crusted Cowboy Rib Eye with Shiitake Mushroom Butter that you can easily make at home.
For the Shiitake Mushroom Butter:
- 100 gr unsalted butter, softened
- four dried shiitake mushrooms, chopped and powdered in a coffee grinder
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- A pinch of thyme leaves
For the steak:
- 900 gr rib eye steak with the bones
- One and a half espresso-salt rub or you may use kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Butter or vegetable oil
For making the Shiitake Mushroom Butter:
- To make the mushroom butter, you need to prepare a medium bowl and combine the ingredients in it, like the unsalted butter, the powdered shitake mushrooms, thyme leaves as well as the salt and pepper to season. Then, mix these ingredients until they are thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Prepare a plastic wrap or a parchment paper or a wax paper and form them into a log shape. Put the butter mixture in it and twist the ends to close. Put this in the freezer or a refrigerator. Wait for several minutes until it turns firm and ready to slice and use.
For making the steak:
- Prepare the oven by heating it over 350 Fahrenheit-degree. When cleaning the ribeye, make sure you use a paper towel to get rid of any excess moisture. After that, you may season the sides of the steak with the espresso-salt or simply with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Then, prepare a cast iron skillet and add a spoon of butter or olive oil in it. When the skillet gets hot, put the rib eye on top of it and sear each side for around 4 to 5 minutes. Next, flip to the other side and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes until they turn to a nice golden brown.
- Place the steak back into its side and slide a digital thermometer on the middle side of the ribeye. Then, you may put the skillet into the oven and bake it for around 25 minutes until you can see the thermometer shows 130 degree which means it has been done in a medium-rare.
Then, take the meat off the pan and let it rest for several minutes around 10 minutes before you serve the steak. After 10 minutes, you may slice the meat and place it on a serving platter. Also, don’t forget to add Shiitake Mushroom Butter on top of it.