The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Prepare time: 30 min Cook: 1 hour Ready in: 1 hour and 30 min
This dessert is a legendary dish. Making it yourself is a certain pride you should experience, not to mention how please your guests will be.
How to Make Paris Brest Dessert
- 2 tablespoons of water
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of whole almond
- ½ cup of whole hazelnut
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of flour
- 4 whole eggs
- 5½ tablespoons of unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 100 ml of water
- 100 ml of milk
Praline Mousseline Cream
- ⅔ cup of room temperature butter
- 7 oz of praline paste
- A tablespoons of unsalted butter
- A teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- 4 yolks
- 2 cups of milk
- A whole egg, beat
- Powdered sugar
- Almond flakes
- Let’s make the praline paste first. Heat the oven to 300°F. Toast the nuts on a baking sheet for 15 minutes then transfer to a kitchen towel. Rub to remove skin and let it cool. Take a saucepan, add water and sugar, and cook over high heat. When it turns to golden brown, add in the nuts and stir. Then, transfer the mixture on a baking sheet and let it cool. Break to small pieces, grind using food processor, and transfer to fridge.
- Let’s make the pastry. Line a baking sheet and draw an 8 inches diameter circles on the paper. Flip the paper but make sure you still can see the circle line. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Take the flour and sift. Using a saucepan, add in butter, salt, sugar, water, and milk and heat to boil. Turn to low heat and keep stirring for another minute. Then transfer the batter into a large bowl and let cool. Add one egg and mix well. Repeat it for the entire eggs. Set aside. Prepare a pastry bag with ½ inch tip and transfer the batter into the bag. Pipe into the baking sheet. Brush the top with beaten egg and add almond flakes on top. Transfer to oven to bake for 50 minutes. Leave it there with the oven door ajar for another 15 minutes.
- In a new mixing bowl, whisk sugar and yolk until pale. Incorporate flour and cornstarch. Take another saucepan and heat the milk. Pour ⅓ of it to the yolk mixture and pour the entire mixture over the milk. Bring to boil, remove from heat, add butter and vanilla and stir. Let it cool in a bowl with pressed plastic cover. Add praline paste and mix.
- Cut the pastry in half, and spread the previous mix in the middle using a piping bag. Transfer to fridge. Take it out to serve and add almond flakes and powdered sugar as topping.