The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Prepare time: 15 min Cook: 40 min Ready in: 60 min
One pan Mexican chicken and rice is a perfect dinner for your whole family. Mixed with many kinds of vegetables and spices, make this dish becomes healthy and rich with flavors.
How to cook One Pan Mexican Chicken and Rice
You only need less than an hour to cook this one pan Mexican dish. Follow the ingredients and steps below for the complete recipe.
For the Mexican Spice Mix
- A pinch of garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic, minced
- A pinch of paprika
- A pinch of cumin powder
- Salt and pepper
For the Chicken and rice
- Five chicken thighs with the bones and skin
- 30 gr olive oil
- Lemon juice
- A small onion, peeled and chopped
- A clove of garlic, minced
- A red bell pepper, sliced
- 200 gr long grain rice
- 200 gr chicken stock
- 150 gr tomato puree
- 200 gr frozen corn kernels
- 400 gr black beans, which are drained then rinsed
- Heat an oven up to 180C/350F. Then, while waiting for the oven, you may prepare a small bowl and put all ingredients in Mexican Spice mix into the bowl and mix them until well combined. Later, the mixture of Mexican spice will be used to rub the chicken.
- Next, you need to combine two tablespoons of Mexican spice with a tablespoon of olive oil along with lemon juice. Then rub all part of the chicken with this mixture using your hands. Make sure all piece of the chicken is rubbed with the mixture.
- Prepare a deep skillet over medium-high with olive oil to cook the chicken until it turns brown or around 2 minutes. Also, cook the other side of the chicken in the same amount of time. Next, remove the chicken to the plate. With the same deep skillet, sauté the onion, garlic and bell peppers for three minutes or until brown.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the rice and stir it into the onion mixture along with the oil. Pour the chicken stock, tomato puree, beans and the Mexican spice mix. Stir them until well combined. Add the chicken to the skillet and make the chicken partially cover the mixture. Cook until simmer then give a lid or foil cover to the skillet and put it in the oven.
- Bake the mixture for 25 minutes and then remove the foil or the lid. Place the skillet back to the oven and bake for only ten until fifteen minutes to make the chicken skin crispy and reduce the liquid of the rice. After it is done, give it a 5 or 10 minutes rest before serving.
Serve the dish while it is hot with lemon squeezed and kinds of garnish, such as cilantro leaves, lime wedges, and sliced jalapenos. You may also add sour cream and yogurt if you want.