The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Prepare time: 15 min Cook: 20 min Ready in: 40 min
Mexican cornbread casserole is the right menu that you can eat at breakfast or dinner. Besides, it also contains fiber that is good for your diet and helps you to low your cholesterol level and blood sugar. With easy and quick steps to cook, you can serve this healthy meal at your kitchen to fulfill your stomach before you start your day or after you come back from your activity.
How to make Mexican Cornbread Casserole
The meat used in this dish is ground beef. However, you can change the meat as you like. You can use sausage or hamburger meat, and for the vegetables, you also can pick some that you like most, such as carrots, beans, etc. to get a more detail recipe, read and follow the steps below until the end.
- 200 gr corn muffin mix
- 60 ml of Egg Beaters or you can use one egg to replace this
- 80 ml of low-fat milk
- 170 gr of frozen corn kernels
- 225 gr of ground beef
- A can of diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- A can of tomato sauce
- A cup of shredded Mexican cheese
- Ground cumin
- Prepare and heat the oven over 190 celsius-degree and give cooking spray on the glass baking dish, then set aside. After that, prepare a medium bowl and add the corn muffin mix, the egg beaters, milk and a half bowl of a corn kernel. Continue to stir them until well combined. Then, pour the mixture into the dish.
- Take a medium skillet and make it heat over medium-high. Put and cook the beef on top of the skillet for 3 until 5 minutes or until the color turns brown or the meat gets crumbled. Stir them well and then drain it. Add drained tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, and cumin.
- Put this mixture on top of the dish and give the grated cheese on top of it. Heat the oven and bake the dish for 15 until 20 minutes or until the edge of the bread is slightly brown or until the cornbread is well cooked. Serve this while it is hot.
There are many options to serve this meal. One of them is by eating this with salad. Besides, you also can save this dish to warm and eat the other day. Good Luck