The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Prepare time: 30 min Cook: 3 hours Ready in: 3 hours and 40 min
Cooking is a fun activity. This activity is very dynamic and won’t end in the world because there are so many recipes that we can try and innovate. By the way, in this time, we have an excellent recipe for making low crab zucchini lasagna. This food is very recommended for you since it just not flavorful, but also protein-packed dish. Take a look the ingredient list and the instructions below.
How to Cook Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna
Low carb lasagna with zucchini is a blend of pasta with eggplant and zucchini. This food is healthy, and you can make it in your house with using a crock pot. Besides of the pot, you have to prepare other utensils like mandolin and a slow cooker.
- Kosher salt
- Diced one red onion in medium-sized
- Diced one red bell pepper
- One eggplant in medium
- Large eggs, two pieces
- Two zucchini, in medium-sized
- Mozzarella or provolone cheese as much 8 ounces part-skim, shredded and divided
- Homemade or store-bought tomato pasta sauce as much 2 cups (16 ounces)
- Freshly chopped herbs (basil or parsley), parmesan cheese, for serving
- Take mandoline, zucchini, and eggplant. For resemble lasagna noodles, cut the zucchini and eggplant with a mandolin as thin as a ¼ inch from length-wise into long sections. Take layers of paper towels (or kitchen towel) and spread the slices of vegetables. Sprinkle the eggplant and zucchini with kosher salt. Rest 15 minutes, so the excess liquid drain then pats it dry.
- Prepare eggplant and zucchini. You can choose one of the methods to make it like grill method, broil method, or skip it. If you take a grilling process, make sure that you roast them until browned. If you choose broil method, prepare a baking sheet, olive oil (for brushing the slices), salt and pepper (for the season) and grill them on 500°F heat. But, if you move ahead, skip broiling or grilling since excess liquid will surround veggie slices from the lasagna.
- Prepare crock-pot (6 quarter-sized) and coat it lightly with nonstick spray. On the bottom of the crockpot, pour and spread ½ cup of tomato sauce. After that, take a small bowl, two eggs, and cottage cheese. Then, beat and mix the eggs with the cheese.
- In the crockpot, make the first veggie lasagna layer and by using the ingredients like: eggplant ‘noodles’ (1 layer); the cottage cheese (2/3 cup approximately; onions and the bell peppers (one-third), mozzarella (one-third); and tomato sauce as much ½ cup.
- Then, in the same pot, make the second layer of veggie lasagna by zucchini. Put ‘noodles’ of zucchini (1 layer); the cottage cheese (one-third); the onion and bell peppers (one-third); mozzarella (one-third); and tomato sauce as much ½ cup.
- You can continue making the last layer by using ‘noodles’ eggplant (1 layer); remaining onions and bell peppers; remaining cheese; noodle of zucchini (1 layer); remaining mozzarella and tomato sauce as much ½ cup. After you get the third layers, cover the crockpot.
- Cook the noodles for 2 to 3 hours on high heat, make sure that you make the eggplant softer. You can check if the eggplant is tender or not by using a thin knife and insert it to the lasagna. Before you turn off the slow cooker, recover the pot again. Rest the lasagna for 30 minutes to 1 hour to absorb the remaining liquid. Serve immediately.
So, they are few steps to make low carb zucchini with lasagna. After you understand the steps and get all of the materials, you can start the cook. Hope you can make this delicious food successfully and share it with your closest people. Enjoy.