The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Prepare Time: 10 min Cook: 15 min Ready in: 30 min
How To Make Linguine with Shrimp Scampi
- 1 ½ pounds of linguine
- 2 pounds of large shrimp (around 32 shrimps), peeled then deveined
- ¼ teaspoon of hot red pepper flakes
- ½ lemon, slice it thin in half rounds
- ½ cup of fresh lemon juice (around 4 lemons)
- Lemon zest, grated from 1 lemon
- ¾ cup of chopped parsley, chop it fresh
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper, grind it fresh
- 3 tablespoon of minced garlic (around 9 cloves)
- 5 tablespoon of olive oil
- 6 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
- Vegetable oil
- Take a large pot and a large pan.
- We are going to use them on two different tasks, so please make sure the stoves are ready to for each of them.
- In the pot, boil salted water. Add the vegetable oil and drizzle it in it. Add some more salt and the linguine. Leave it to cook for 7 to 10 minutes as directed on the linguine package.
- Each package may have different time required to cook the pasta. Many times, the package direction isn’t perfect all the time. You want the linguine to be al dente. It means it doesn’t taste crunchy anymore but not yet soft. It needs to be firm when you bite it with your front teeth. You should be able to cut it in half and see the cross. Al dente pasta has well cooked texture on the outside and a little uncooked part in the middle.
- At the same time, heat the pan with low-medium heat. Add butter and olive oil and cook until it melts. It is important to use the exact heat, because butter melts quickly and olive oil evaporates fast. Bigger heat will cook them both fast and they quickly gone.
- Add garlic on the pan and sauté for around a minute. Make sure to stir it because garlic gets burnt easily.
- You are basically ready to add other ingredients when the garlic starts to release the good smell. It is on perfect condition as well, soft and moist, ideal level to add more ingredients in the pan.
- Add the shrimp in the pan and add 1 tablespoon of salt and pepper, and cook for around 5 minutes or until the shrimps turn red. Stir often.
- Don’t forget to stir and turn around the shrimp so that both sides are well cooked.
- Turn off the heat on the pan. Add red pepper flakes, lemon slices, lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, and toss it to combine everything.
- In this phase, you don’t necessarily need the heat. Heat will evaporates the lemon juice and you don’t want to lose the fresh kick it adds on the sauce. The last ingredients only need to be mixed, not cooked.
- When the linguine is cooked, drain it and put it back on the pot. Add the sauce and shrimp on it immediately. Toss evenly using big spoons. It is ready to serve.