The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Try this homemade pasta recipe that you can easily make at home with simple ingredients and quick steps below.
How to make LIGHTENED UP Margherita Pasta
25 minutes is enough to make a delicious homemade LIGHTENED UP Margherita Pasta as written below.
For the main ingredients:
- 450 gr spaghetti or you may also use pasta
- 30 ml olive oil
- 30 gr butter
- A quarter of onion, finely chopped
- Six pieces of Roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 to 6 cloves of minced garlic
- 50 gr flour (all-purpose)
- 300 ml chicken broth (low sodium)
- 300 ml milk
- 15 ml chicken bouillon
- A teaspoon of dried parsley
- A half teaspoon of each dried oregano, salt, dried basil
- A quarter teaspoon of each red pepper flakes and pepper
- 100 gr Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 100 gr mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 50 gr softened cream cheese
- 50 gr chopped basil
For the garnish:
- Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Basil and chiffonade
- The first thing to do is to cook the pasta. Simply prepare a pot and fill with water and add a little bit salt and heat until boiled. Then, when it boils, place the pasta in it and cook the pasta until completely cooked based on the instructions written in the package.
- After the pasta is cooked, drain the pasta and keep a cup of pasta water to use later. To continue, you need to prepare a large skillet and add olive oil to it. Heat the oil over medium-low and when you want to add other ingredients, start to increase the heat into the medium.
- The ingredients that you need to add are chopped onions and half of the Roma tomatoes. Next, sauté these ingredients for around 5 minutes and add again with garlic. Continue to cook for several seconds and cook with flour. Stir them for two minutes until it thickens well.
- When it is done, you need to lower the heat and add other ingredients, like chicken broth and milk. Stir and cook occasionally until simmer. Then, add the spices to the mixture and cook until slightly thickened. After this, you need to lower the heat to melt the Parmesan cheese in it.
- After the parmesan is added, you may add the mozzarella as well into the sauce. Make sure both kinds of cheese are completely melted. Then, you may add the remaining ingredients, like tomatoes and the basil. Stir well and don’t forget to coat the pasta into the sauce evenly.
While combining the pasta, you may add a bit of reserved pasta water until it reaches the desired consistency. Also, make sure you taste the dish before serving by adding additional seasoning with salt and pepper, or you may also add red pepper flakes for the spicy taste. Place the pasta on the platter and garnish with parmesan and basil.