The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Prepare time: 10 min Cook: 2 hours and 40 min Ready in: 2 hours and 50 min
Dakgangjeong is deep fried chicken covered with sweet and spicy sauce. Here you can taste the crispy chicken and sweet yet spicy flavor of the gochujang which is a Korean red chili pepper paste.
How to cook Korean Sweet Crispy Chicken Dakgangjeong?
To cook this meal you do not need to find many difficult ingredients, just follow and read the recipe below till the end.
- 450 gr boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- 100 ml milk
- A pinch of minced garlic
- A pinch of minced ginger
- A tablespoon of rice wine or milk
- 75 gr potato or cornstarch
- Vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
For the sauce
- a tablespoon of soy sauce
- 45 ml rice wine or mirin
- 30 ml apple cider vinegar
- A pinch of gochujang
- 45 gr honey
- 30 gr sesame oil and brown sugar
- A pinch of minced garlic and grated ginger
- This first step is optional. You just need to prepare a large bowl with milk in it. Then, put the chicken breasts or chicken thighs in it. Make sure that to cover both sides of the chicken with the milk. Next, move the bowl in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, drain the chicken. After that, you need to cut the chicken into small pieces or bite-sized pieces. Next, put the chicken back to the bowl and mix with salt, pepper, rice wine or milk, garlic, and ginger. Then, leave it a rest for 20 until 30 minutes.
- Prepare a large saucepan then heat it over medium-high. Then, put all the sauce ingredients in it. Make it boil then lower the heat into medium-low and simmer the sauce until thickened for around three until 4 minutes. After that, turn off the heat.
- Back to the chicken, you need to cover all of the parts of the chicken with potato or corn starch. Next, prepare a heavy-bottom pan and heat it up. After it is boiled, fry all pieces of the chicken in two batches. Cook until 2 minutes or until the chicken turns golden brown. Then, place the chicken on a wire rack or paper towel to remove the remaining oil.
- Re-cook all of the chicken for only 30 until 40 seconds. Finally, it is nearly time to serve. Heat the saucepan on the stove over medium-low heat. Then, put the fried chicken pieces in it. Stir and mix them until well combined.
In mixing the chicken and the sauce, make sure that all parts of the chicken are covered with the sauce. Then you can serve this with two tablespoons of coarsely chopped peanuts or almonds as the garnish.