The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Irish Onion Soup
Prepare time: 15 min Cook: 1 hour and 5 min Ready in: 1 hour and 20 min
With the recipe below, you can give a special dinner for your family with flavorful and creamy Irish Onion Soup that you can easily make at your kitchen.
How to cook Irish Onion Soup
Simply follow the steps explained below to help you in cooking a great Irish Onion Soup.
- One and a half kg of chopped onions
- 50 gr of salted butter
- 25 gr minced garlic
- 50 gr of flour
- 100 gr whiskey
- 8 cups of beef stock
- Two pieces of bay leaves
- 15 gr thyme
- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper as the seasoning
- French baguette, cut into slices
- Mozzarella cheese recommended using the herb and garlic mozzarella
- Prepare a large pot and turn the heat over medium-high heat. Put the butter and onions on it. Stir and cook them well for around 30 to 40 minutes until the onions turn brown. Make sure that the onions are not stuck with the bottom of the pot. If this might happen then, you can add more butter or a bit of beef stock.
- Next, add the garlic into the onions mixture along with the flour. Don’t forget to stir them well and cook for around a minute. To continue, you may add the whiskey while scraping the bottom side of the pan to get all the bits. After this, bring the ingredients to simmer over medium heat for around 8 to 10 minutes.
- After this, you may add the beef stock, thyme, bay leaves and Worcestershire sauce. Also, make sure you combine these ingredients with salt and pepper as the seasoning. Then, recheck the taste. If you think that it still needs more taste, then you may add a spoonful of beef bouillon.
- Stir and cook the mixture over medium heat until it comes to a simmer for around 35 minutes. After this, you may turn the heat off and prepare the oven. Here, you have to heat it up over 425 Fahrenheit-degree. Then you may follow the next step below to continue.
- You need to prepare the bowls used for french onion. Then place the soup in it also don’t forget to add slices of french baguette on each top. Also, add the final layer of cheese in it. Finally, you may bake these for 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese bubbles and turns golden brown.
Now, you’ve reached the final step which is serving. Fall and winter are the best time to serve this soup for your whole family so that they can feel the perfect combination of bold flavor and creamy cheese in every scoop of Irish Onion Soup. So, go immediately cook this at home for getting a real proof.