The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
This Instant Pot Pound Cake is absolutely heavenly! Moist and fluffy with a nice rich buttery flavor, this pound cake recipe is bound to be a crowd-pleaser!
Instant Pot Pound Cake Recipe
This pressure cooker pound cake is the perfect cake for a variety of different toppings.
When we make this cake I love to top it with fresh fruit such as strawberries or raspberries. If you prefer canned fruit, it’s just as delicious! Drizzle it with a dark chocolate sauce or a dollop of whipped cream and YUM.
There are so many different possibilities!
One of my favorite things about being able to bake in the Instant Pot is that it is quick, easy, and doesn’t heat up the house.
That said, cooking a cake in the Instant Pot does have some tricks to avoid getting a super dense cake. Don’t get me wrong, I love dense cakes every now and then…but nothing beats out a fluffy cake.
To guarantee your Instant Pot pound cake is nice and fluffy follow these tips:
- Use real butter. If you absolutely have to substitute butter out choose oil over margarine.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk together the butter and sugar until the mixture becomes pale yellow and fluffy.
- Stir in the eggs slowly. Add one egg in at a time and stir them into the butter sugar mix before adding in the next.
- Sift your dry ingredients before adding them to the wet ingredients. This will help add air and make the cake lighter.
- And lastly, fold your cake batter together gently. Use a figure eight motion and be careful to not over mix.
Alrighty y’all, let’s get cooking!
Instant Pot Pound Cake
- 1 CUP
- 1/2 CUP
- 2 teaspoons
- 1 cup cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 Eggs at room temperature
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cups water
- Cream butter and sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add in flour, baking powder and salt and mix until just combined. Fold in the sour cream.
- Spray a 7” tube pan with non-stick cooking spray. You have to use a tube pan for the cooking time in this recipe or the cake will not come out cooked.
- Cover the tube pan with aluminum foil and poke out the center hole so the steam can escape through it.
- Add water to the Instant Pot. Set the tube pan on top of a trivet in the inner pot.
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot and set to sealing. Set on manual high for 60 minutes. Allow for a natural release and then remove from the Instant Pot and cool on a cooling rack.
- Serve with berries, ice cream, whipped topping or any other number of topping possibilities.
- Fat 140g
- Saturated Fat 83g
- Cholesterol 418mg
- Sodium 3959mg
- Carbohydrates 498g
- Sugar 274g
- Protein 34g