The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Inside: This Instant Pot hummus recipe is absolutely delicious and SO simple to make! Whether you need a quick snack for a party, a get-together, or just for your family movie night, you’re going to LOVE this Instant Pot hummus!
When I was pregnant with my youngest daughter, my husband and I took a birth class with our doula and a few other couples…
The very first class we decided each couple would bring snack once during our class.
The diet specifications started quickly…
We needed to bring a snack that was gluten-free, low-or-no-sugar, and healthy.
My husband and I were lost. What the heck can we bring?!
So we ventured into Trader Joes… Isn’t that the place that you can find gluten-free anything?
And we found it… Hummus.
Hummus, gluten-free tortilla chips, and some veggies made the perfect snack for our birth class.
I was sure I wouldn’t like it… I’m as picky as my kids are sometimes.
But it was actually pretty good!
“I can make this even better…” I told my husband, and I pulled out our Instant Pot almost as soon as we got home…
And this Instant Pot hummus recipe was born!
So if you’re like me, and a hummus newbie, this recipe is going to make some pretty delicious pressure cooker chickpea hummus.
Hummus is a super tasty spread that goes perfectly with tortilla chips, veggies, and pita bread.
You can add spices you like to change it up for however your family likes it.
I love it plain, my husband loves it spicy, and my kids love it with a bit of garlic.
The sky is the limit with Instant Pot hummus!
Plus, it only takes a few minutes to throw together.
This Instant Pot hummus recipe is perfect for parties and get-togethers (or, you know, birth class)…
Items Recommended for Instant Pot Hummus
Keep some tortilla chips on hand for dipping, and you’re good to go!
Easy Instant Pot Hummus
- 1 Instant pot
- 1 cup dried chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp vegetable or chicken stock
for the dip:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ⅔ cup cup cooking liquid (maybe a little more to make it thinner, depending on the size of chickpeas)
- Salt, cumin, and paprika as desired.
- Add chickpeas to your Instant pot with 3 cups of water and 1 tbsp (or cube) of vegetable or chicken stock.
- Place the lid on and lock it. Seal the steam handle.
- Turn the Instant Pot onto "Manual/High" for 35 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off and the Instant Pot is done cooking allow the Instant Pot to naturally release pressure for 5 minutes.
- Quick release the remaining pressure and unlock the lid.
- Remove the chickpeas from the Instant Pot and drain, saving at least 2 cups of liquid that the chickpeas were cooked in.
- Add the chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Once pureed, slowly stir in the cooking liquid until you reach a consistency you prefer.
- Stir in cumin, paprika, and/or salt as desired and enjoy!
If you aren’t making this Instant Pot hummus right this second, make sure you pin this post so you can find the recipe the next time you need a snack!