The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Inside: Beat the cold and warm up with this Instant Pot Beef Stew. Perfect for a sick day or a lazy day curled up beneath a blanket with a good book, this beef stew is sure to make your taste buds happy!
This week the entire house has been sick. Fevers running at 105 level of sick.
It’s that type of week where absolutely nothing gets done other than lots of snuggles and binge-watching Netflix. I’m not quite sure I can take one more episode of Masha and Bear…
I’m starting to feel a lot like Bear.
With two out of the five littles sick, finding something everyone could eat was a bit of a challenge. This Instant Pot Beef Stew did just the trick; gentle on the tummy and yet filling enough for my older kids who can eat an entire fridge full of food in one sitting.
Instant Pot Beef Stew
Did I mention it’s absolutely delicious?
My oldest son is a bit of a food snob, anything with red meat he usually turns his nose up at. But this?
This he devoured and then asked for thirds.
But, my absolute favorite part? I was able to make this beef stew using frozen stew meat!
Between all the urgent care visits and kid’s school activities, I had completely forgotten to thaw meat for dinner the night we had planned this. I have in the past cooked frozen chicken in our Instant Pot so I figured it was worth the shot.
And it worked.
How To Make Instant Pot Beef Stew?
I was a bit worried about the stew meat turning out rock-solid, impossible to chew, but y’all it was anything but. Using the method below on how to cook frozen stew meat in your Instant Pot worked like a charm!
See the note below the Instant Pot Beef Stew recipe for how to turn your frozen stew meat into melt in your mouth tenderness.
And this my friends, dinner is done from frozen to serve in 25 minutes, is exactly the reason I am head over heels in love with my Instant Pot.
Easy Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe
- 1 Instant pot
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2-3 white potatoes, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper, as desired
- Turn Instant Pot on sauté. Once pot is hot add in oil, beef, and onion. Sauté until beef is browned and onions are caramelized.
- Add corn, celery, carrots, potatoes and entire can of tomatoes to the Instant Pot. Stir in beef broth, water and spices.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the pressure release. Turn the pressure cooker on Manual, High pressure, for 5 minutes. When the Instant Pot is finished, quickly release pressure and open the pot.