The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Prepare time: 15 min Cook: 30 min Ready in: 45 min
Drunken Noodle is known by the name Pad Kee Mao. This dish is popularized by Chinese people living in Laos and Thailand. Made from Kwetiauw, vegetables, and seafood this dish is processed like Kwetiauw fried but with extra spicy flavor. There are some interesting myths about this dish. First, processed dishes that mix these ingredients are aimed at drunk people who are still hungry on their way home. Also, spicy dishes are believed to trigger people drunk because they have to drink beer to relieve heartburn in the mouth.
How to make Drunken Noodles
Now, you can make your version of Drunken Noodles at home by reading and following the recipe below.
- One lb chicken
- Three tablespoons tamari
- Three tablespoons soy sauce
- Three tablespoons water
- 1 ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon oyster sauce
- Three teaspoons olive oil
- Three teaspoons sesame oil
- Ten oz large rice noodles
- ¾ boy Choy, chopped
- One small glasses snow peas, chopped
- Three garlic cloves and sliced
- Eight oz sliced shitake mushrooms
- Four oz sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 ½ small glasses baby corn, chopped
- One Thai chile and sliced
- Two eggs scrambled
- One small glasses Thai basil
- Use a knife to cut the chicken thinly. Place it in a small bowl with a tablespoon of soy sauce. Mix these ingredients to combine and let it set aside as you do the remaining vegetables. Prepare a large pot with water in it to boil and add a bit salt. In the bowl, shake together the rest of soy sauce, water, tamari, oyster sauce, and brown sugar.
- Take a large saute pan or pan and turn to high fire. Put one teaspoon of each olive oil and sesame oil on top of it. After the oil is smoked, add the snow peas and the boy choy as well. Saute until tender, but keep it fresh until 2-3 minutes. Take from the pan and place it on a plate. Boil the noodles and cook for around 7-10 minutes.
- Return to the stove and put another teaspoon of olive oil and sesame oil. Put the baby corn, mushrooms, and garlic. Saute until tender for 2-3 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the pan and also do the same like chili and snow peas, set this aside for a while.
- Return to the stove and add the last teaspoon of olive oil and sesame again. Add the chicken to the pan, fry until the chicken is brown and cooked, about 3-4 minutes. If using eggs, you need to move the chicken first before scrambling the eggs.
- Add the vegetables to the frying pan with rice noodles, chiles, sauce, and basil. Cover everything and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes until all ingredients are thoroughly coated and cooked. If necessary, you can add more pasta water to loosen the sauce. Also, give seasoning if needed.
Well, that’s how to make drunken noodles a la Thailand is easy, and surely you are curious how does it feel? If you are interested, do not hesitate to try to make it.