The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Prepare time: 5 min Cook: 25 min Ready in: 35 min
How To Make Donut Hole Skewers?
For Donut Holes
- 2 cups of all purposes flour
- ¾ cups of milk
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 3 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Canola oil or vegetable oil for frying
For Donut Holes Rolling
- 1 ½ teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup of granulated sugar
- Wooden skewers
- 4 oz of semi sweet chocolate, for melting
- Remove greens from the strawberries. Set aside. Transfer each fruits in a colander and rinse under flowing water. Drain and dry. Place the strawberries in a bowl and set aside. Do the same thing to the blackberries.
- Now let’s make the donut first. Use a large mixing bowl and add flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Mix them well using an electric mixer. Use a pastry cutter and cut the butter until it is similar to coarse crumbs into the flour mixture. Add the milk and mix again until everything is mixed well. The dough should be tough and firm yet smooth at the same time. Prepare a flat surface and coat it with flour. Transfer the dough to the surface and knead it into small balls. Set aside.
- Use a medium saucepan and add in 2 inch tall of oil in it. Heat the oil over medium-high heat. Heat oil up to 350° Fahrenheit. Use a candy thermometer to measure the temperature and make sure it doesn’t touch the saucepan bottom. You may need to monitor the heat as well to keep the temperature consistent. While waiting for the oil to reach the desired temperature, prepare the cinnamon mix. Use a small mixing bowl and add cinnamon and granulated sugar. Mix them well and set aside.
- Now, let’s fry the donut. You may want to try to fry one donut at first to see how it is cooked. It helps you to fry better for the next donuts. Spoon the donut balls and transfer it into the oil. Make sure not to drop the donut as the oil will splash. Instead put the spoon into the oil. When you get the hang of it. Start frying up to 4 donuts at a time. When it turns to golden brown, drain them and let it cool for around 30 seconds. When it is cool already, roll the donuts on the cinnamon mix. Set aside.
- Now let’s start building the skewers. Use this pattern: blackberry, donut hole, strawberry, blackberry, donut, and strawberry. Transfer to a serving plate and set aside. Using a small microwave bowl, melt the chocolate on 30 seconds interval. Do it several times until the chocolate is smooth. Transfer the melted chocolate into a ziploc bag and cut a small hole on one of the corners. Drizzle the chocolate on top of the skewers and leave for around 15 minutes. Serve the remaining chocolate in a bowl for dipping. The skewers are ready to serve.