The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Prepare time: 35 min Cook: 40 min Ready in: 1 hour and 15 min
Try this French-style dish that you can easily cook at home and immediately serve this to your beloved family.
How to cook Chicken Fricassee (Fricassee de Poulet a L’Ancienne)
With easy and simple steps below, you can serve until four serving portions.
- A whole chicken, cut into 11 pieces
- 45 gr softened unsalted butter
- A tablespoon olive oil
- A small onion, cut into 200 gr dices
- A carrot, cut into 100 gr dices
- A celery stalk, cut into 60 gr dices
- 8 ounces trimmed and quartered cremini mushrooms
- 30 gr flour
- 140 gr dry white wine
- 800 ml chicken broth
- Two sprigs parsley
- Two sprigs thyme
- One bay leaf
- Two egg yolks
- 50 gr heavy cream
- 45 gr chopped tarragon leaves
- 30 ml lemon juice
- Salt and ground pepper as the seasoning
- First, give salt and ground pepper to the chicken. Then, you may heat a Dutch oven, or you can use a large heavy pot into medium-high heat. Next, melt the butter in it and add the half chicken with the skin down in a single layer. Fry for 10 minutes until the chicken turns golden brown. Next, place it on a plate.
- Using the same pot, put the onion, celery, and carrot in it. Here, you need to use a wooden scoop to scrap the bottom off the brown bits (if you find any). Then, saute and stir well the ingredients for 8 to 10 minutes until they turn soft and golden brown.
- Then, stir and cook the mushrooms in it for 5 minutes until they become darker and glossy. Also, add flour and cook again for another minute until it is soaked by the vegetables. Here, don’t forget to add wine and broth to the mixture.
- After this, you need to transfer the chicken to the pot along with the parsley, thyme and bay leaf. Cook until boiled. Then simmer and cover the pot for around 30 minutes. Next, move the chicken to a clean plate and simmer for 5 minutes until the liquid is reduced. After that, don’t forget to discard the herbs.
- Pour the pot with egg yolk and cream that have been whisked. You need to whisk this first to make the sauce thicker and pour a half cup of cooking liquid. Pour the tablespoon at a time to temper into a liaison. After this is done, you may add this to the pot.
To serve, you can add the chicken again along with the tarragon, remaining butter and lemon juice into the pot. Then, make sure you make it into simmer and stir before you serve this into the serving platter.