The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Prepare time: 30 min Cook: 60 min Ready in: 1 hour and 30 min
Adobo is a famous dish from Philippine. It is usually made with chicken or pork or it could be combined with these two proteins. What makes it special is the salt and vinegar that make Adobo will last longer in the Philippines humid climate.
How to Make Adobo Chicken Wings
This adobo chicken wings recipe will take around 1 hour 30 minutes to be ready and you will get tender and juicy chicken wings. One of the important ingredients in making adobo chicken wings are the vinegar and soy sauce. This recipe uses rice vinegar, but you also can use white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 lbs or 10 chicken wings, separate the flats and drumettes
- 8 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- ¾ cup of soy sauce
- ¾ cup and 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- ½ cup of sour cream
- ½ cup of sour cream
- ¼ cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder or ground ginger
- 1 piece of lime, finely grate the zest
- 1 ¼ cups of water
- Salt to taste
- Use a large bowl and put the chicken wings, soy sauce, ¾ rice vinegar, crushed garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns and 1 ¼ cups of water. Cover it with plastic wrap and keep it in a fridge for 30 minutes. Heat the oven up to 400 degrees.
- Put the marinated chicken wings into a dutch oven and bring to a boiling point. Cover the dutch oven and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. Remove the dutch oven and transfer the chicken into a foil tray with baking sheet. Keep 2 tablespoons of cooking liquid.
- Heat the broiler and broil the chicken wings around 8 – 10 minutes or until it is crispy and the colour changes into dark brown. Whisk the two tablespoons of cooking liquid with 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar, mayonnaise, cilantro, sour cream, ground ginger or ginger powder, garlic powder, lime zest, and salt to taste.
These Adobo chicken wings could be enjoyed as a snack with the mayonnaise mixture dipping or it could be enjoyed as a main course with yellow or white rice. These chicken wings could be served during lunch or dinner. If you like to eat Adobo with rice, you could have more sauce so you can drizzle it on the rice.